How to Properly Clean & Maintain Your Safety Glasses
Safety glasses are an essential piece of personal protective equipment (PPE) for workers who are exposed to eye and face hazards in the workplace. However, with frequent use, safety glasses can become dirty, scratched, or damaged, reducing their ability to protect your eyes. To ensure that your safety glasses provide adequate protection, it's important to properly clean and maintain them.
Here are some tips for properly cleaning and maintaining your prescription safety glasses:
1. Clean them regularly Regular cleaning is important to keep your safety glasses free from dirt, debris, and smudges. To clean your glasses, start by removing any loose dirt or debris with a soft cloth or tissue. Next, dampen a microfiber cloth with water or an approved cleaning solution and gently wipe the lenses and frame. Avoid using harsh chemicals or abrasive materials that could scratch the lenses or damage the frame.
2. Store them properly Proper storage is essential to keep your safety glasses in good condition. When not in use, store your glasses in a protective case to keep them free from dirt, dust, and damage. Avoid storing your glasses in a place where they can be exposed to extreme temperatures or high humidity, as this can cause damage to the lenses and frame.
3. Replace the lenses if they become scratched Scratched lenses can reduce visibility and increase the risk of eye injury. If your lenses become scratched, replace them as soon as possible. Choose lenses that meet the ANSI Z87.1 standard and are appropriate for the type of work you will be doing.
4. Replace the frames if they become damaged If your frames become damaged, replace them as soon as possible. Damaged frames can compromise the safety and performance of your glasses and increase the risk of eye injury. Choose frames that meet the ANSI Z87.1 standard and are appropriate for your head size and the type of work you will be doing.
5. Inspect them regularly Regular inspection is important to ensure that your safety glasses are in good condition and provide adequate protection. Inspect the lenses for scratches, cracks, and other damage, and inspect the frame for cracks, bending, or other signs of damage. If you notice any problems, replace your glasses as soon as possible.
6. Use an approved cleaning solution Using an approved cleaning solution is recommended to keep your lenses clean and free from streaks and smudges. Look for a cleaning solution that is specifically designed for safety glasses and that meets the ANSI Z87.1 standard. Avoid using household cleaning products, such as vinegar or window cleaner, as these can damage the lenses and frame.
Find the Safety Glasses You Need at Ocusafe Proper cleaning and maintenance are essential to keep your safety glasses in good condition and to ensure they provide adequate protection. Regular cleaning, proper storage, lens and frame replacement, and regular inspection are important steps to ensure that your safety glasses are in good condition and provide adequate protection. By following these tips, you can keep your safety glasses in top condition and protect your eyes from harm. Shop our great selection of affordable safety glasses and sunglasses at Ocusafe, today.